I offer psychotherapy over the internet for California clients preferring appointments in the comfort of their own space. This type of therapy is also appropriate for those not within convenient driving distance to my office, or who suffer from agoraphobia (fear and anxiety of leaving one’s home).
The online experience can be almost exactly the same as if you attend an in-person session with me. Studies have found that psychotherapy is highly effective even when delivered via phone or Internet-based video. Sessions are scheduled and conducted in the same way as you would expect from traditional person-to-person psychotherapy. With a good webcam and high speed internet, we can interact with each other in real-time.
Scheduling Web Therapy
- If you want to work by webcam, please call my office at (800) 898-0702. Please leave a message telling me your name, your situation, your phone number, and why you would like web therapy. I will then call you to discuss whether web therapy would be appropriate for you. I want to make sure that you receive exactly what you need.
- If it appears that therapy over the web would be an appropriate method for you, we will exchange all necessary information. I will fax or mail consent and health history forms for you to sign and send back to me. All consent forms must be returned to me prior to our first session. To pay my session fee, please mail a check or use Master Card or Visa. My office policies are the same for web therapy as for therapy in person.
- In general, to take advantage of therapy over the internet, you will need:
- a web camera
- microphone and speakers, or headset.
- a fast internet connection — DSL, cable or higher. 56K dialup won’t do.
- a processor speed of greater than about 800MHz, either PC or Mac.
- I utilize www.skype.com for webcam connection. Skype is easy to use and free.
**Due to California MFT licensing laws, therapy over the web is available only to clients who reside in California.